Business Communication (3 cr., offered on request)
Course Aim: To develop the skills required to effectively speak, write, listen, and interact in a business environment by understanding communication concepts.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of course, students should be able to:
- understand and apply the principles of effective verbal and nonverbal communication;
- produce professional quality business documents (i.e. letters, memos, reports);
- participate effectively in a group to solve problems, make decisions, and complete assignments;
- deliver an effective persuasive oral presentation using appropriate visual aids and technology;
- understand and use on-line resources for communication and research.